Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming...

I have recently decided that using the pool at UAA for exercise is a good idea. It has been very nice. I have lost a little over 30 pounds since I moved here, and counting, so it is the first time in a LONG time that I have been comfortable enough to actually wear a bathing suit. (Side note: I think it's really strange that they are called bathing suits...but it's just old-fashioned enough a term for me to use it with a little bit of smugness. HoHO! Also, since my bathing suit is a tid old-fashioned itself, I believe that is the only term with which I can duly describe it, thanks. Anyway.) Yesterday, I figured out that I couldn't for the life of me remember how to swim butterfly stroke...and that I had kinda combined butterfly and breaststroke into one crazy and not-so-obviously incorrect stroke, which consisted of the butterfly's out-of-water arm stroke with the breaststroke's frog-kick...I tried really hard. It worked, but I went home to try and figure out what I was doing wrong (becuase there was another guy there doing breaststroke, and I was like...ummm, one of us is wrong. It was me. Too bad.) and was rather embarrassed by what I discovered.

Ah, well. Now I remember. And, in my defense, the last time I took lessons I was most definitely in 4th grade, so whatevsies. I have re-discovered that (when done correctly, lol), breaststroke is my fave. I can't seem to get the timing down for butterfly's dolphin kicks. I think I'll go talk to the swimming coach here and see what he/she can tell me. In the mean time, I'm loving swimming, SO I'll just keep doing that. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment